Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great cake to serve for a light dessert
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled and diced (1 large or 2 small)
- Preheat over to 350°F Grease a 10-inch bundt pan well, brushing it with melted butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. It will look sandy when well-combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by pear/apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Working in two or three additions, alternately add flour mixture and milk to the sugar mixture. Stir only until just combined, then gently stir in the diced pears.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and the cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.