Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe I received from a swap a few years ago. Posting it now for ZWT3
- 3 cups fresh pears, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- Toss pears and 1 tbsp sugar together. Let stand 5 minutes. Beat eggs, 2 cups sugar and oil on medium speed until well blended.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Add egg mixture and beat on low speed until blended. Fold in pears, nuts and vanilla. Pour into a well-greased and floured 10-in bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean. Remove from pan as soon as possible. Drizzle with glaze.
- MAKE GLAZE:.
- While cake is cooling make glaze by bringing to a boil the glaze ingredients. Boil for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly or until sugar crystals have dissolved. Pour over cake.
Awesome! We love this cake. I have made it several times, and try to keep one (or part of one) in the freezer. Since it serves 12 easily, there are ususally left overs after having company. So since there are only 2 of us, I freeze what is left. It is easy to pull out of the freezer, cut off how much we need, and put the rest back in. I let it defrost while we eat, then a dallop of whipped cream and it's ready to serve. It is true the carmel glaze needs to set a bit before putting on the cake.
I made this and my family loved it. I will let the caramel glaze cool slightly before I put it on the cake next time - it all ran off.