Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is so addictive, yummy! I loved it and everyone in my family also did. We had guests from overseas who are in love with this bread. I added a handful of raisins and a teaspoon of cinnamon instead of nutmeg and used low-fat yoghurt instead of buttermilk. Its turned out FANTASTIC! From across the miles, a sweet little "Thank You" for the wonderful recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pear, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in pears and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Freezes well.
- Excellent for mini loaves.