1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
I recently acquired a bottle of pear brandy and wasn't too sure what to do with it (besides drink it, obviously). I found this recipe on-line and plan to make it soon. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET so I can't guarantee that it's good. I'll repost when I've tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ripe pears (about 1-1/2 lbs total weight)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pear brandy
- 8 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the pastry cream
- 1For the pastry cream: Scald the milk. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light and thick. Stir in the flour and cornstarch.
- 2Stir half the hot milk into the egg mixture. Then add that mixture to the remaining hot milk in the pan.
- 3Bring to a boil, whisking until the pastry cream thickens. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4Rub the surface of the hot cream with some butter.
- 5For the souffle: Peel and core the pears and put them along with the lemon juice into a food processor.
- 6Purée the pears and then pour into a saucepan.
- 7Cook the purée for 10-15 minutes. It should be thick enough to hold a shape. Allow to cool.
- 8Stir the cooled purée into the pastry cream and add the pear brandy. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the surface of the pear cream. It can be refrigerated up to 3 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 425°F Thoroughly butter a 2-qt. soufflé dish.
- 10Whip the egg whites until stiff, then beat in the sugar and continue beating until they are glossy.
- 11Reheat the pear cream (if necessary) until it is hot to the touch.
- 12Fold one-quarter of the egg whites into the warm pear cream, mixing thouroughly.
- 13Gently fold the cream into the rest of the egg whites and pour into the prepared dish.
- 14Bake the soufflé in a heated oven 20-25 minutes. The soufflé should be puffed and brown.
- 15To Serve, dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Brandy Souffle (Soufflé Aux Poires Williams)
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 135.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: