Recipe by Merlot
This is a lovely cheese spread. The pears and walnuts give it a nice contrast. I have also used almond slices when I was out of walnuts.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This was very yummy! I made a few changes because I was making a large amount to bring to a reception. I made the pears chunkier, about 3/4-inch pieces, used pecans instead of walnuts (only because I realized too late that I didn't have walnuts!), and used a mixture of 1/2 crumbled gorgonzola with 1/2 crumbled feta. I am serving it tonight at a reception as a side salad. Then I needed to make myself some lunch, so I took a little of the mix and put it on a plate of mixed baby greens and tossed it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar -- DIVINE!! What a fabulous combination. I will definitely make this again. I think next time I will try the finer dice size to make this a spread, but as a chunky salad it was also delicious. Thanks, Merlot!
- 3 ripe pears
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core pears.
- Cut into 1/4 inch dice.
- Combine in a bowl with other ingredients, tossing to mix well.
- (Many times, I don't even bother with toasting the walnuts and it works out just fine).
- Serve with crackers or toasted pita wedges for scooping.