Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet | September 2006
Make and share this Pear Arugula and Pancetta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta (4 to 5 slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 firm-ripe pears
- 4 cups baby arugula (1 1/4 lb) or 4 cups torn larger arugula (1 1/4 lb)
- 3 ounces ricotta salata, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Make vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
- Make salad: Cook pancetta in oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning frequently, until just crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain (pancetta will crisp as it cools). Tear into bite-size pieces.
- Halve pears lengthwise, core, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Add pears to dressing along with arugula, cheese, and pancetta, tossing to coat.