Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this with cinnamon chips.
Make and share this Pear Apple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 Anjou pears, unpeeled, diced
- 3 Red Delicious apples, unpeeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, diced
- 3 serrano chilies, seeded, minced
- Mix the pineapple juice and lime juice in a large glass bowl.
- Add the diced pears and apple, toss to combine juices with fruit and to prevent the fruit from turning brown.
- Add the chilies.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
I added a red onion to this and substituted cilantro for the mint. Used one less pear and Serrano chili. I wanted more Apple than pear as this was to dress up pork chops off the grill. Very spicy and perfect. Minneapolis
No way I could ever have even tasted a sauce/salsa with serrano chilies in it ~ Way, way to hot for me, so I used a couple of seeded jalapeno chilies instead! I enjoyed the taste combo of pineapple, pear & apple! I served this with chips as well as with my own cinnamon wontons! Very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]