Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Looks delicious! Saw this on food network.
- 2 lbs ripe bosc pears (4 pears)
- 2 lbs firm macoun apples (6 apples)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 lb cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and core the pears and apples and cut them into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and toss with the cranberries, zests, juices, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch baking dish.
- For the topping:.
- Combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
- Place the baking dish on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm.
a great crisp, i used just apple and cranberries as I didn't have pears on hand last week. The "crips" part is wonderful..my favorite part