Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light March 2003
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs bosc pears, peeled, cored, quartered, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb braeburn apple, peeled, cored, quartered, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/4 cups)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, cinnamon, salt, and mace, if desired, in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until well combined.
- Add butter, and pulse 20 times or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the oats and sugar; pulse 5 times or until well combined.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over pear mixture. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.