Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Better Homes and Gardens
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat pastry flour or 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal or 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml shredded unpeeled pears
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml honey
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml shredded white cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350; grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a big bowl, stir together the flours, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pears, sugar, oil, buttermilk, honey, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Stir in cheese; pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.