1 hr 30 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1Preheat oven to 350; grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2In a big bowl, stir together the flours, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pears, sugar, oil, buttermilk, honey, and vanilla.
- 5Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- 6Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- 7Stir in cheese; pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 8Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- 11Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and White Cheddar Bread
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g