Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Pear and White Cheddar Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal or 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled pears
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350; grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a big bowl, stir together the flours, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pears, sugar, oil, buttermilk, honey, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Stir in cheese; pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.