Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy and healthy dessert which makes an elegant presentation. Made with nice fresh fruit.
Make and share this Pear and Raspberry Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pears, bosc or any other hard fleshed pear peeled,cored and diced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs, plus
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 11 phyllo pastry sheets (12 if using garnish)
- Heat oven to to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine pears, raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon peel and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar, breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- On a piece of waxed paper, place one sheet of phyllo.
- Brush with butter, sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Spread fruit mixture on phyllo lengthwise leaving 1" border on all sides.
- Fold in sides and roll jelly roll fashion.
- Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush strudel with butter.
- Optional: for a garnish, take one sheet of phyllo and cut sheet into 2" wide strips.
- Fold each strip lengthwise in half.
- Gather and roll each strip to make rosettes.
- Arrange on top of strudel.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden and fruit is tender.
- Watch it so it doesn't get too brown.
- Shield with foil if necessary, but don't tuck the foil down around the sides, just lay it on top.
- Otherwise it will get soggy.