Recipe by Kathy(
A very pretty dessert that is fairly quick and easy to make.
Top Review by Lt. Amy
This was pretty good. If I made it again however, I would reduce the amount of almond extract as it was a bit overwelming. I think I would also use a smaller pan and cook it a little longer at a lower heat. The smaller pan would make the filling a bit thicker which would be good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 -5 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup whole almond
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced canned pears, drained, reserve liquid
- fresh raspberry
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Crust: In a large bowl or food processor, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- Knead 2-3 times until smooth.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 10" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Spread jam evenly over bottom of dough.
- Filling: Place almonds in food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped.
- Add butter, sugar, and flour; process until blended.
- Add egg and almond extract; mix well.
- Drain pears, RESERVING 1/4 CUP LIQUID.
- Add 1/4 cup liquid to almond filling mixture; blend until smooth.
- Spread in crust.
- Arrange pear slices over filling.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and top is a deep golden brown.
- Cool 90 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.