Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped pears
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease 18 regular muffin cups (need two pans).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, pumpkin and oil until well blended.
- Stir in pears until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.