Recipe by Sage
Pear and Prosciutto were made for each other; that sweet and salty make your taste buds very happy. You can prepare a small salad to serve as an entrée or a larger one for lunch with a fresh dinner roll.
- 2 ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) packagethinly sliced prosciutto, torn into strips
- 1⁄2 cup glazed pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pears in half and core them.
- Peel one pear half, chop into cubes and place in a blender with the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. With the blender running add the olive oil; set aside.
- Cut remaining (unpeeled) pear halves into thin slices and place into a large bowl with the spinach.
- Pour the dressing over the top and gently toss.
- Place greens and pears onto each plate.
- Top each with 1/4 of the prosciutto, candied pecans and serve.