1/1 Photo of Pear and Prosciutto Pizza with Caramelized Onions
This looked so wonderfully unique that I had to post it. From the Houston Chronicle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 small individual prepared pizza crust (4 inches)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- 3Add onions and cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently (about 25 minutes) until onions are very soft and golden brown Add sugar and cook five more minutes.
- 4Place pizza crusts on a large baking sheet.
- 5Top with equal amounts of mozzarella, onions, pears, prosciutto and Parmesano Bake approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden Sprinkle top with thyme and let cool slightly.
- 6Cut into wedges and serve.
- 7Makes 4 main dish or 16 appetiser servings.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Prosciutto Pizza with Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 479.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust