This looked so wonderfully unique that I had to post it. From the Houston Chronicle.
Make and share this Pear and Prosciutto Pizza with Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 small individual prepared pizza crust (4 inches)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently (about 25 minutes) until onions are very soft and golden brown Add sugar and cook five more minutes.
- Place pizza crusts on a large baking sheet.
- Top with equal amounts of mozzarella, onions, pears, prosciutto and Parmesano Bake approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden Sprinkle top with thyme and let cool slightly.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Makes 4 main dish or 16 appetiser servings.