Recipe by Dib's
This makes a lovely light lunch or a great starter salad for a classic Italian dinner!
Top Review by sugarpea
Great salad! My favorite part is the perfectly flavored dressing. No, I thoroughly enjoyed the sweet smoothness of the pears with the crunch of the lettuce. Oh, but those wonderful little morsels of crusty, seasoned goat cheese! The ham and the toasted walnuts-so addictive. I loved EVERY part of this beautifully presented salad and highly recommend it. Only change I made was to saute the goat cheese in olive oil rather than butter.
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces goat cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 12 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (DONT use yellow or French's mustard)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 dashes pepper, milled
Directions See How It's Made
- In small dishes, place egg whites and bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter.
- Dip goat cheese slices first in the egg whites, second in the bread crumbs.
- Cook coated goat cheese in the hot butter until just golden, around 30 seconds for each side.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients from orange juice to the pepper.
- On each of 4 salad plates, arrange 3 lettuce leaves.
- Place 2 pear fans on each plate.
- Place/tuck 3 slices of Prosciutto on each plate.
- Center the goat cheese rounds, dividing evenly.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with walnuts.