Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love blue cheese, you will enjoy this quick and easy salad. The salad is topped with a creamy dressing and additional crumbled blue cheese. I have used pears and/or apples to make this salad, walnut and pecans both equally good.
- Whisk together in a small bowl, half the blue cheese with the cream cheese and milk until well combined. If you find the dressing too thick add a little more milk. May be made ahead and refrigerated. (If you buy the crumbled blue cheese you will need a 175g package).
- Place 1 cup of the mesclun mix on individual salad plates.
- Cut pears in half, remove core and cut into wedges.
- Arrange pears on top of greens.
- Drizzle dressing over pears. Top with remaining blue cheese, nuts and pepper.
Great tasting dressing. It was very simple to make. We Loved the toasted nuts too. Will be making this again. Thanks for posting.
This is a wonderful, refreshing salad. I used an Asian pear and bottled blue cheese dressing (had it on hand). I enjoyed this with toasted walnuts as garnish. It was pleasing to the eye and sensational to the tongue. Thanks Elly.
The classic pear/blue cheese combo is hard to beat. I used both green Anjou and red Bartlett pears for a little contrast, a mix of mesclun and baby spinach, and walnuts. Thanks for posting!