Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really quick, easy and delicious snack or light lunch.
- 4 slices granary bread (thick slices)
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 140 g Mature cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the grill to medium and toast the bread. Divide the pear slices on top of the bread.
- Mix the cheese with the cream and mustard, then season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture over the pears, then grill for about 5 minutes, or until melted and golden.
Wow! Got some hardy whole grain bread that had nuts in it and then made as written. We really enjoyed the warm sweet taste of the pear and bread topped off by that wonderful cheese mustard sauce. Thanks so much for the post.
I made this for my DH to enjoy while watching rugby, using homemade seed bread. So very simple, but a wonderful blend of flavours and textures, I saved one for myself and very much enjoyed this sweetly savoury snack! Thanks, Noo, for another marvellous recipe!
Apart from using low fat cream and adding some chopped walnuts, I made this exactly to the recipe. Very easy to make and delicious. I always love pears in savoury dishes. I made this for a light evening meal last night after three days of excessive heat which broke 150 year old records. Yesterday was 45.1 celsius or 113.18 fahrenheit! It was an ideal heatwave recipe :) but one I know I'll enjoy all year round! Thank you for sharing it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.