Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Martha Stewart Living magazine. She makes this as part of a Mexican-type dinner, paired with Black-Bean and Goat-Cheese Quesadillas and a Chili-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. The jicama adds a mild sweetness and crunchy texture to this salad.
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 small jicama, peeled, quartered, and thinly sliced (about 12 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- Cut peel and pith from lime. Carefully slice lime along the membranes to release segments, and reserve segments.
- Whisk lime juice and oil in a medium bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add pear, jicama, and cilantro, and toss to combine. Fold in reserved lime segments, and season with more salt if desired. Serve immediately.