- 1 pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (ripe)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons cream (or milk)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoon of the butter in sauté pan.
- Sauté pear slices until just turning soft.
- Beat together eggs, cream or milk, and salt & pepper until blended but not frothy.
- Melt remaining butter in omelet pan over high heat until foam begins to recede but before beginning to color.
- Pour in egg mixture into omelet pan, stirring lightly, but allowing it to set on the bottom.
- Top half of the omelet with sautéed pears and cheese.
- With spatula, fold other half over pears and cook until cheese begins to melt. Slide omelet out of pan onto a heated plate.