Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pears and creamy Swiss Gruyere fill this easy omelet.
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (ripe)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons cream (or milk)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- Melt 3 tablespoon of the butter in sauté pan.
- Sauté pear slices until just turning soft.
- Beat together eggs, cream or milk, and salt & pepper until blended but not frothy.
- Melt remaining butter in omelet pan over high heat until foam begins to recede but before beginning to color.
- Pour in egg mixture into omelet pan, stirring lightly, but allowing it to set on the bottom.
- Top half of the omelet with sautéed pears and cheese.
- With spatula, fold other half over pears and cook until cheese begins to melt. Slide omelet out of pan onto a heated plate.
I absolutely loved this omelet! I made it as written and found it easy to make with a terrific taste. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.
This is so good! Mine didn't turn out too pretty since I am not the greatest omelet maker, but the flavor is outstanding! My pear was not super ripe so I sliced it as thin as I could so it wouldn't be too crunchy. Will be making this again! Made for Football Pool Win 2013-14.
As a huge fan of pears and gruyere just had to try this omelet and am glad I did as it is just delightful. I made as written, thanks for the post.