Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
East to make ahead and freeze...Just pop them in the microwave for a short time and breakfast is served!
- 3⁄4 cup pear nectar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat granola
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups pears, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl to blend.
- Stir both flours and sugar in medium bowl until no sugar lumps remain.
- Mix in granola, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Add pear; toss to coat.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until blended
- Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
You have a very nice recipe here! The combo of pears & lemon in the muffins is wonderfully delicious! Will make these again, I know! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]