Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
This is an adaptation of a Ross Dobson recipe. Spicy and very quick to make. The golden syrup gives an interesting twist to the recipe (the original used maple syrup). Use a good peppery (Spanish style) olive oil. Great picknick food: drizzle the cut pears with a bit of lemon juice and combine with rucola and walnuts, and add pre-made dressing and cheese during the picknick.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 3 pears
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- 2 cups rucola
- 150 g soft fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast the walnuts.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into thin wedges.
- Stir syrup, olive oil, vinegar, and mustard into a dressing.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Toss pears, walnuts, rucola, and half the dressing.
- Crumble cheese on top and drizzle rest of dressing over it.