Recipe by Shawna Laufer
Weight Watchers points per serving: 2 pts
Top Review by didyb
Well, it seems that none of us can make the recipe as stated. That being said-- yummy!! I also just chopped the pears and tossed with salad, goat cheese, pecans. The dressing did sound really yummy, but I used a bottled raspberry vinaigrette instead. The next time I'm doing a ladies thing, and want a salad to impress, I'll use the whole pear and the goat cheese/pecan ball. But thanks for the great combo of ingredients!
- 59.14 ml pecans (about 1 ounce)
- 709.77-946.36 ml salad greens, torn
- 4 bartlett pears
- 56.69 g goat cheese or 56.69 g chevre cheese
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, dry roasted pecans over medium heat for 1 to 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Finely chop.
- Meanwhile, arrange ½ cup salad greens on each of eight plates; set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a melon baler, remove seeds and make a small, round cavity in each pear half.
- Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in pecans and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pears; sprinkle with any remaining pecans.