Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Weight Watchers points per serving: 2 pts
Make and share this Pear and Goat Cheese Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml pecans (about 1 ounce)
- 709.77-946.36 ml salad greens, torn
- 4 bartlett pears
- 56.69 g goat cheese or 56.69 g chevre cheese
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- In a small skillet, dry roasted pecans over medium heat for 1 to 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Finely chop.
- Meanwhile, arrange ½ cup salad greens on each of eight plates; set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a melon baler, remove seeds and make a small, round cavity in each pear half.
- Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in pecans and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pears; sprinkle with any remaining pecans.
Well, it seems that none of us can make the recipe as stated. That being said-- yummy!! I also just chopped the pears and tossed with salad, goat cheese, pecans. The dressing did sound really yummy, but I used a bottled raspberry vinaigrette instead. The next time I'm doing a ladies thing, and want a salad to impress, I'll use the whole pear and the goat cheese/pecan ball. But thanks for the great combo of ingredients!
so yummy. Didn't quite follow directions. I used kahlua nuts my aunt makes for Christmas instead of making the pecans, sliced up the pears, and used crumbled goat cheese. Didn't make the dressing, but used a leftover sweet balsamic from an italian deli. So yummy, I'll definitely make this again, and try the dressing next time. Thanks for posting
This is a nice salad combination. I didn't make the dressing - I enjoyed mine with a honey mustard dressing. I made half, and discovered I only had one pear, so I used one pear and one apple. After taking another look, I see that I didn't exactly follow the directions for the pears and sliced them up instead - but it was lovely anyway. Thanks for posting!