Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Any recipe with crystallized ginger and gingersnap cookies in it just HAS to be good! From VT Nov/Dec 2006.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pears in heavy syrup
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger (diced)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (divided)
- 10 ounces gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 pint low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/3 cup syrup from canned pears. Discard the rest of the syrup.
- Cut pears into large chucks. Add the pears, 1/3 cup syrup, crystallized ginger and 1 tablespoon of the butter into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the gingerbread cookies in food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely crumbled. Add sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and pulse to blend.
- Sprinkle cookie mixture over the pears.
- Bake 18 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve in bowls. Top with ice cream and serve.