1 hr 45 mins
Pa. Hiker's Note:
I found the ginger in the recipe to be a bit too much so I cut it to 1/2 tsp, but have posted the recipe here as created by King Arthur Flour. This makes a nicely different quick bread than the usual apple or banana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core the pears (there's no need to peel the fruit) and purée it well in a blender or food processor.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, then add the egg, beating till smooth.
- 3Add the pear purée, flour, ground ginger, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Beat till smooth.
- 4Stir in the candied ginger and nuts.
- 5Spoon the batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 7Remove the pan from the oven, and cool the loaf in the pan for 15 minutes. Gently remove the loaf from the pan and cool it completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Ginger Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: