Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found the ginger in the recipe to be a bit too much so I cut it to 1/2 tsp, but have posted the recipe here as created by King Arthur Flour. This makes a nicely different quick bread than the usual apple or banana.
- Core the pears (there's no need to peel the fruit) and purée it well in a blender or food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, then add the egg, beating till smooth.
- Add the pear purée, flour, ground ginger, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Beat till smooth.
- Stir in the candied ginger and nuts.
- Spoon the batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and cool the loaf in the pan for 15 minutes. Gently remove the loaf from the pan and cool it completely on a wire rack.