1/3 Photos of Pear and Ginger Crisp With Spiced Whipped Cream
This classic pear crisp is enlivened by freshly grated ginger. The toasted pecan topping is good enough to stand on it's own. A fragrant dollop of whipped cream infused with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg is a delicious addition when serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt, see instructions
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 medium pears, peeled,cored and cut lengthwise in 1/2 inch slices
SPICED WHIPPED CREAM
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Toast the pecans in the oven for about 8 mintues, then set aside.
- 3When cool enough to handle, chop coarsely.
- 4In a bowl, mix the flour, brownsugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- 5Using a spoon, slowly stir in the butter.
- 6Add the pecans.
- 7In another bowl, mix the ginger, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- 8Mix in the sliced pears.
- 9Turn into a 2-2 1/2 QT baking dish and cover with the topping mixture.
- 10Bake until the topping is crisp and pears are soft when tested with the tip of a knife, about 40 minutes.
- 11Whip the cream, then beat in the sugar and spices.
- 12Serve with the warm crisp.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Ginger Crisp With Spiced Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.7
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g