1/1 Photo of Pear and Ginger Cake With a Maple Glaze from New Zealand
1 hr 5 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. This recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. This cake sounds wonderful, another recipe that I will be trying, but I will be using maple syrup instead of the flavored syrup, I think it will taste much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C
- 2Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- 3Cream butter, brown sugar and Maple Syrup until light and fluffy.
- 4Gradually add the beaten eggs a small amount at a time to avoid the mixture curdling.
- 5Dissolve baking soda in the milk.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder and ground ginger into the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk, mixing carefully until combined.
- 7Spoon mixture into prepared tin and place the drained pear on top of the cake, placing them cut side down onto the mixture.
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked.
- 9Place cake on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the cake tin.
- 10Brush the warm cake with the glaze. Serve warm with custard, cream or ice cream.
- 11To make the glaze mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of cold water to form a paste.
- 12Place the maple syrup into a saucepan, stir in the cornflour over a medium heat until thickened and boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little before brushing onto the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Ginger Cake With a Maple Glaze from New Zealand
Serving Size: 1 (1458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3541.2
- Calories from Fat 1265
- Total Fat 140.5 g
- Saturated Fat 84.4 g
- Cholesterol 718.1 mg
- Sodium 2987.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 537.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 290.9 g
- Protein 48.1 g