Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Only 108 total calories per serving in this delicious, refreshing dessert treat!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, concentrate and water,drained,juices reserved
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- Combine pears and honey in processor; puree until smooth.
- Pour reserved pear juices into 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough cranberry juice to pear juices to measure 2 cups.
- Add juice mixture to processor and process until well blended.
- Transer to 13x9x2" glass baking dish.
- Freeze until frozen, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Using fork, scrape surace of granita to form crystals.
- Divide among 6 dessert glasses.
- Garnish with cranberries and mint sprigs, if desired.
Very nice, very refreshing & so easy to make! Combining all that with the raves I got for such an UNUSUAL dessert, & I can't help but give this one the full five stars!! This will be making an appearance in my dining room again & again! Many thanks!
I had some 100% cranberry juice leftover from another recipe, so coupled with the fact that I love shaved ice type refreshments, I just had to make this! I was not disappointed - it is delicious! I used some excellent local honey which just made it that much more tasty. Thanks so much for the recipe Bev!
We absolutely liked this desert and it was my first time making a granita. I used 25% cranberry juice as it's the only type sold in my local supermarket. I will be making this one for dinner parties as it's so easy to prepare, healthy, delicious and looks impressive. Thank you Bev