Recipe by Bev
Only 108 total calories per serving in this delicious, refreshing dessert treat!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very nice, very refreshing & so easy to make! Combining all that with the raves I got for such an UNUSUAL dessert, & I can't help but give this one the full five stars!! This will be making an appearance in my dining room again & again! Many thanks!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, concentrate and water,drained,juices reserved
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pears and honey in processor; puree until smooth.
- Pour reserved pear juices into 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough cranberry juice to pear juices to measure 2 cups.
- Add juice mixture to processor and process until well blended.
- Transer to 13x9x2" glass baking dish.
- Freeze until frozen, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Using fork, scrape surace of granita to form crystals.
- Divide among 6 dessert glasses.
- Garnish with cranberries and mint sprigs, if desired.