Simply amazing. I thought having a jam texture with chocolate would be weird, but it definitely isn't! The blend of pear and chocolate taste amazing! I can't wait to share this with my family for christmas! I found this recipe on Grouprecipes.com and had to share when I saw there was nothing on here like this. Thanks Aurore!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a small plate in the freezer for later use.
- 2Peel and core pears. Dice them or use a food processor.
- 3Mix the pears and lemon juice in a large sauce pan.
- 4Add sugar and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 5Chop chocolate and put aside.
- 6Once you hit 20 minutes, take the plate out of the freezer and put a small amount of jam on it to test for gelling. Wait for a few seconds and then see if jam runs. If it does and you want a thick jam, cook for a few more minutes and repeat process.
- 7Stir chocolate into jam, stir and wait for a simmer. Turn off heat.
- 8Package jam in freezer dishes or can for 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Chocolate Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 114.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g