Recipe by Mhauck
Simply amazing. I thought having a jam texture with chocolate would be weird, but it definitely isn't! The blend of pear and chocolate taste amazing! I can't wait to share this with my family for christmas! I found this recipe on Grouprecipes.com and had to share when I saw there was nothing on here like this. Thanks Aurore!
Top Review by ucnclmeal
This is amazing even without the chocolate. Once you add the chocolate, it's divine! However, my first batch only made 3 half pints. I'm making a second batch soon, and will use more pears.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a small plate in the freezer for later use.
- Peel and core pears. Dice them or use a food processor.
- Mix the pears and lemon juice in a large sauce pan.
- Add sugar and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chop chocolate and put aside.
- Once you hit 20 minutes, take the plate out of the freezer and put a small amount of jam on it to test for gelling. Wait for a few seconds and then see if jam runs. If it does and you want a thick jam, cook for a few more minutes and repeat process.
- Stir chocolate into jam, stir and wait for a simmer. Turn off heat.
- Package jam in freezer dishes or can for 12 minutes.