Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simply amazing. I thought having a jam texture with chocolate would be weird, but it definitely isn't! The blend of pear and chocolate taste amazing! I can't wait to share this with my family for christmas! I found this recipe on Grouprecipes.com and had to share when I saw there was nothing on here like this. Thanks Aurore!
- Put a small plate in the freezer for later use.
- Peel and core pears. Dice them or use a food processor.
- Mix the pears and lemon juice in a large sauce pan.
- Add sugar and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chop chocolate and put aside.
- Once you hit 20 minutes, take the plate out of the freezer and put a small amount of jam on it to test for gelling. Wait for a few seconds and then see if jam runs. If it does and you want a thick jam, cook for a few more minutes and repeat process.
- Stir chocolate into jam, stir and wait for a simmer. Turn off heat.
- Package jam in freezer dishes or can for 12 minutes.
This is amazing even without the chocolate. Once you add the chocolate, it's divine! However, my first batch only made 3 half pints. I'm making a second batch soon, and will use more pears.
I was a little uncertain about the chocolate, but it made quiet the delicious treat! I'm not sure about the amount of pears called for; I used another pound or so and perfectly filled 12 jelly jars.