1/3 Photos of Pear and Caramelized Onion Pizzette
These little pizzas are full of adult flavours and served piping hot from the oven. The ingredients are surprising and taste just amazing together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 small pita bread
- 3 large pears, ripe but firm
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 lb gruyere (you can also use a mixture of your favourite cheeses, grated.) or 1/2 lb emmenthaler cheese (you can also use a mixture of your favourite cheeses, grated.)
- 1Peel and thinly slice onion. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onions. Lower heat as needed and saute, stirring often for 15-20 minutes or until wilted and golden.
- 2Peel, core and thinly slice pears. When onions are golden, stir in salt and pepper; remove from pan.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 4Add butter to pan; return to medium heat.
- 5When bubbly, add pears and saute for 8-12 minutes, turning frequently until softened and lightly browned. Cool on plate.
- 6Lay out your pitas, and spread a small amount of grated cheese on each.
- 7Dividing equally, spread each round with onion, then add pear and thyme. Top with remaining cheese, and a little more freshly ground black pepper.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes, or until pizzettes are golden. Serve right away, whole or cut in half topped with a sprinkling of thyme.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Caramelized Onion Pizzette
Serving Size: 1 (1258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g