Recipe by mary winecoff
This comes from Anne Byrn's new cookbook "The Dinner Doctor". Quick and Easy and very impressive appetizer. I used Bosc pears and Clemson Blue blue cheese. These were wonderful.
- 30 frozen miniature phyllo cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 ounces saga blue cheese or 5 ounces another creamy blue cheese, trimmed of rind and cut into 30 small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the frozen phyllo shells on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the pears in the skillet and cook, stirring for 1 minute to soften slightly.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the pears and let cook, stirring until they are completely soft, 2 minutes longer.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the pears and their juice in each phyllo shell.
- Top with a cube of blue cheese.
- Bake the tartlets until the cheese melts and the shells are crisp and golden brown 7 to 8 minutes.
- (You can also sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over tartlets before baking if desired).
- These tartlets can be made 1 day before and reheated in an oven at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes.