Recipe by evelyn/athens
I made these for New Year's Eve appetizers and they were wonderful. Lovely blend of flavours and textures. Gone in no time at all - best make up a double batch.
Top Review by Adopted Parisian
These are such a great, easy, elegant idea! We enjoyed them, but next time I will use a more tart type of pear, then add another tablespoon of sugar to balance the flavors. I also added some lemon zest just to brighten the aromas. Thanks so much!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (1/2 package)
- 2 very ripe juicy fragrant pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- dried cranberries or dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss pears in sugar.
- Set aside.
- Roll pastry out into a 14 inch square on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 36 equal squares.
- Place each in a mini muffin pan.
- Place equal amounts of pear and blue cheese in pastry lined pans.
- Top each with 2 or 3 dried cherries or cranberries.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm.