Recipe by Oolala
From a "Shop-Rite" supermarket recipe card from 2002. Seems easy to make and different.
Top Review by Leipzig Red
I returned the pork chops to the pan with the pears on top, added a splash of leftover champagne (I imagine any white wine would do), sprinkled on the blue cheese and let the flavors blend for a couple of minutes. Yummy! Looked great and tasted like a real indulgence.
- 4 pork chops
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium pears, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (1 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chops lightly with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chops 4-5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Remove chops from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the skillet used to cook the pork, cook the pear slices in the butter for 1 minute, stirring gently to coat.
- Stir in peppercorns; cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- Spoon pears over the chops; sprinkle with blue cheese and serve.