Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Pear and Blood Orange Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium-size pot, heat water and sugar to a boil, and stir so that all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears and white wine, and boil until reduced by about 2/3, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- When syrup is reduced and pears are fork-tender, remove pears and puree them in a food processor.
- Squeeze the juice of the two blood oranges into the simmering syrup and water mixture.
- Return the pear puree to the syrup, and stir until incorporated.
- Remove the mixture from the stovetop, place into a heat-proof bowl and refrigerate until cooled completely (about 1 hour).
- Place the cooled mixture in your ice cream maker and churn for about 40 minutes, or until sorbet is one large, somewhat firm lump. Freeze until ready to serve.