My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-size pot, heat water and sugar to a boil, and stir so that all the sugar dissolves.
- 2Add the pears and white wine, and boil until reduced by about 2/3, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- 3When syrup is reduced and pears are fork-tender, remove pears and puree them in a food processor.
- 4Squeeze the juice of the two blood oranges into the simmering syrup and water mixture.
- 5Return the pear puree to the syrup, and stir until incorporated.
- 6Remove the mixture from the stovetop, place into a heat-proof bowl and refrigerate until cooled completely (about 1 hour).
- 7Place the cooled mixture in your ice cream maker and churn for about 40 minutes, or until sorbet is one large, somewhat firm lump. Freeze until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Blood Orange Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (1921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g