Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sweet and salty pizza with new and interesting flavors!
Make and share this Pear and Bleu Cheese Pizza With Honey Drizzle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) ball frozen pizza dough (available at your local grocery store in the frozen bread section)
- 1 (4 ounce) wedge of good quality blue cheese
- 6 ounces lightly toasted walnuts
- 1 ripened bartlett pear
- 4 ounces olive oil
- garlic salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 slices butter
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (more if you'd like)
- Defrost the pizza dough and follow instructions on package for making a 12" pizza crust. Make sure ball is thoroughly defrosted and has had time to rest (about 1/2 hour in a bowl) as it will make the dough more elastic and easier to form into a pizza crust.
- Dust with flour and roll out dough into a circle. Put on a pizza pan and brush whole crust with a layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle dough with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- In a preheated oven (400°F) put the pizza crust into the oven and let bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Slice pear into thin slices. Gently sauté pear slices and walnuts for about 3-5 minutes until the pears begin to caramelize.
- Take crust out of the oven after baking for 5 minutes and sprinkles with mozzarella.
- Arrange pears and walnuts all over the top of the pizza and crumble the entire wedge of blue cheese on top of the pear and walnut mixture.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust is browned.
- Lightly drizzle honey over the whole pizza and serve.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of finely chopped flat leaf parsley (optional).
- ***Added flavor: Fry some bacon until crispy and crumble real bacon bits over the top! My family loves the addition of the bacon.