Chef Drtybrshs's Note:
A sweet and salty pizza with new and interesting flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) ball frozen pizza dough (available at your local grocery store in the frozen bread section)
- 1 (4 ounce) wedge of good quality blue cheese
- 6 ounces lightly toasted walnuts
- 1 ripened bartlett pear
- 4 ounces olive oil
- garlic salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 slices butter
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (more if you'd like)
- 1Defrost the pizza dough and follow instructions on package for making a 12" pizza crust. Make sure ball is thoroughly defrosted and has had time to rest (about 1/2 hour in a bowl) as it will make the dough more elastic and easier to form into a pizza crust.
- 2Dust with flour and roll out dough into a circle. Put on a pizza pan and brush whole crust with a layer of olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle dough with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- 4In a preheated oven (400°F) put the pizza crust into the oven and let bake for 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, melt butter and about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- 6Slice pear into thin slices. Gently sauté pear slices and walnuts for about 3-5 minutes until the pears begin to caramelize.
- 7Take crust out of the oven after baking for 5 minutes and sprinkles with mozzarella.
- 8Arrange pears and walnuts all over the top of the pizza and crumble the entire wedge of blue cheese on top of the pear and walnut mixture.
- 9Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust is browned.
- 10Lightly drizzle honey over the whole pizza and serve.
- 11Garnish with a sprinkle of finely chopped flat leaf parsley (optional).
- 12***Added flavor: Fry some bacon until crispy and crumble real bacon bits over the top! My family loves the addition of the bacon.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Bleu Cheese Pizza With Honey Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 306.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pizza dough