Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 -4 pears (can also use apples when pears not in season)
- 1 pint blackberry (or 1 pack of frozen blackberries)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Grease the container and fill with pears (cut into slices) and blackberries.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oil and eggs until consistent.
- Pour over the fruit and bake for 45 minutes- 1 hour at 180 degrees C.
I made this with strawberries and pears and it was a big success. It was easy to do and sweet enough to serve alone - we all loved it.
I was given 3 lovely red Bartlett pears and was looking for a fast easy recipe. This one fit the bill. I just happened to have a bag of frozen blackberries in the freezer. I have a sweet tooth so next time I will sprinkle 4 teaspoons of sugar on the fruit. The topping was just right. It was similar to a cobbler and was fast and easy. I did not top it with ice cream, but I am sure it would make a nice presentation in custard dishes for company.