1 hr 45 mins
From "Everyday Foods" No. 19 (Jan. 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces frozen mixed berries
- 3 lbs pears, ripe (about 5-7 pears)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spread frozen berries in a single layer on a paper towel-lined baking sheet; thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 3While berries are thawing, make oatmeal topping: Mix together in a large bowl flour, sugars, allspice and salt; stir in rolled oats. Blend butter into flour mixture with a pastry cutter until large, moist clumps form.
- 4Returning to the crisp -- prepare pears by peeling and cuting into 3/4" pieces. Combine pears in a large bowl with lemon juice, thawed berries, sugar and flour; toss well.
- 5Transfer pear/berry mixture to a 2-quart baking dish spritzed with baking spray for easy clean-up.
- 6Sprinkle evenly with chilled topping.
- 7Bake until fruit is tender and topping is golden (about 45 minutes). Cool at least 20 minutes, and serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt (if desired).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Berry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries