Recipe by Scruffers
I like making up recipes, using what I think is healthy, and hopefully I'm right....I do know that my pups sure love all the biscuits I make for them!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Well, me and Brandy (my poodle) sure know where to come for those special treats...yes we can always count on Scruffers for those yum yums, and here is another winner, Brandy just loves your doggie treats...and pears just happens to be on his top list of fruits...he loved these, and he thanks Scruffers for another special treat (roll over and bark!!) thats Brandy's way of saying thank you aunty Scruffer, just keep em' comin! Bark! bark! woof..woof!!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) canunsweetened pears (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup cracked wheat
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mixer with a dough hook, put all ingredients into bowl EXCEPT the flour.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until near the end, then add by the spoonful until dough is in a"big ball" and stiff enough to handle.
- Use more than the 3 c.
- called for if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 300f.
- Roll into little balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a finger.
- Take bottom oven rack and place ABOVE middle oven rack.
- Place cookie sheets on oven racks and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, turn biscuits over, and return to oven with cookie sheets on opposite racks.
- Cook another 30 min.
- Reduce heat to 225f for approx 1- 1 1/2 hours more, keep checking.
- take one out, let cool, break apart, and it should be hard like a milk bone.
- When done, remove and let cool on cookie sheets.
- Store in air tight container.