Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great salty, sweet salad perfect for entertaining!
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 8 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices streaky bacon
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pear slices and fresh herbs in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
- Add the bacon to the salad and toss together.
- To make the dressing, place the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, parsley, cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the bacon and pear salad.