1/2 Photos of Pear and Avocado Salad
Pepper Monkey's Note:
This is a unique and interesting combination of pears and avocados that I ran across while looking for salad recipes in my cookbook collection. I made it and was surprised by the resulting tangy sweet salad that blended flavors very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small bartlett pears
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 8 ounces watercress
- 2 ounces arugula
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts or 2 teaspoons pecans or 2 teaspoons almonds
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1Halve and core the pears.
- 2Slice them thinly and brush with lemon juice to stop discoloration.
- 3Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and peel them.
- 4Carefully cut each half into five slices.
- 5Also brush with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- 6Place watercress and arugala on plates to be served and arrange pears and avocados on top.
- 7Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- 8For the dressing combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- 9Spoon dressing on top and crumble the cheese on top of it all.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.3
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 565.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g