Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this when I found out we were having last minute company. I had all the ingredients already so it was a breeze. I served it with vanilla ice cream. Yummy. From TOH Quick Cooking.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pears, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix (I use Pioneer)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Add cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and orange juice to a large saucepan; stir to combine.
- Gently stir in apple pie filling and pears.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened; keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, add biscuit/baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and butter; combine just until blended.
- Pour hot filling into an ungreased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Drop batter in 6 mounds onto fruit mixture.
- Mix together the remaining sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and a pick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Awesome quick and easy dessert recipe. A great use of canned ingredients. Loved the delicate spiced flavor and my family gave it the thumbs up signal. Thanks for recipe that doesn't keep me in the kitchen and lets me visit with my guests.