Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a lovely pear tart that smells heavenly when it is baking and tastes delicious. Very simple to make with not a lot of fuss. Impress your guests! Prep time includes time for chilling the pastry.
- For the sweet pastry, pulse the flour, salt an butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar then the egg yolks and pulse.
- The mixture will immediately combine and leave the sides of the bowl.
- Remove, wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Coarsely grate the pastry into a 12 inch loose bottomed fluted flan tin, then press it evenly on to the sides and base.
- Bake blind for 20 minutes until very light brown.
- Cool, then place the pears in, face down.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/300°F.
- For the filling, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and light.
- Put the almonds in a food processor and chop until fine.
- Add the butter and sugar and blend, then beat in the eggs one by one.
- Pour over the pears and bake for 40 minutes.