This is a lovely pear tart that smells heavenly when it is baking and tastes delicious. Very simple to make with not a lot of fuss. Impress your guests! Prep time includes time for chilling the pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 175 g unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- 100 g icing sugar
- 3 egg yolks
For the Filling
- 1For the sweet pastry, pulse the flour, salt an butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 2Add the sugar then the egg yolks and pulse.
- 3The mixture will immediately combine and leave the sides of the bowl.
- 4Remove, wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 6Coarsely grate the pastry into a 12 inch loose bottomed fluted flan tin, then press it evenly on to the sides and base.
- 7Bake blind for 20 minutes until very light brown.
- 8Cool, then place the pears in, face down.
- 9Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/300°F.
- 10For the filling, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and light.
- 11Put the almonds in a food processor and chop until fine.
- 12Add the butter and sugar and blend, then beat in the eggs one by one.
- 13Pour over the pears and bake for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Almond Tart
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1054.1
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.2 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g