Filled with oats, pears and almonds, these pancakes are hearty and slightly sweet. I originally got this recipe from The Old Farmers Almanac Everyday Cookbook and streamlined it a bit for our family. The presentation is pretty and I love all the healthy ingredients. We serve with homemade maple syrup.
My Private Note
6 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the oats and 2 cups of buttermilk. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir them into the oat mixture.
- 3Mix in the eggs and melted butter. Batter should be thick. Add 1 - 2 Tablespoons buttermilk if it is too thick to pour.
- 4On a nonstick griddle or skillet greased with vegetable oil, pour the batter in 1/4 cup portions.
- 5Place a few pear slices and almonds on each pancake.
- 6Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
- 7Gently turn the pancakes over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes more or until brown.
- 8Grease the griddle as needed to cook the rest.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear and Almond Swedish Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 435.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: