Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Filled with oats, pears and almonds, these pancakes are hearty and slightly sweet. I originally got this recipe from The Old Farmers Almanac Everyday Cookbook and streamlined it a bit for our family. The presentation is pretty and I love all the healthy ingredients. We serve with homemade maple syrup.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and 2 cups of buttermilk. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir them into the oat mixture.
- Mix in the eggs and melted butter. Batter should be thick. Add 1 - 2 Tablespoons buttermilk if it is too thick to pour.
- On a nonstick griddle or skillet greased with vegetable oil, pour the batter in 1/4 cup portions.
- Place a few pear slices and almonds on each pancake.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Gently turn the pancakes over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes more or until brown.
- Grease the griddle as needed to cook the rest.
We had these for breakfast this morning and loved them. Thanks for sharing!