Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Canning season is coming, and this is one of my favorite jams.
Top Review by Buster's friend
What a sweet beautiful recipe! It is almost like fruit salad - only way better. I used about 1/4 cup of the marachino cherry liquid as my hard green pears were not giving up much liquid - turned the whole batch a vibrant coral! Yielded 6 - 1/2 pints (will be beautiful gifts) & 2 - full pints + a bit in the top to taste. Easy, sweet but tempered by the orange so not cloying & beautiful. Perfect for gifts.
- 4 cups bartlett pears, diced
- 1 large orange, grind
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, plus juice
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, sliced
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box dry pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Boil fruit for 4 minutes, add powdered pectin and stir well.
- Place over highest heat and boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar and mix well. Continue stirring and bring to a boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil 4 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Stir and skim for 5 minutes to cool and prevent floating fruit.
- Pour into ½-pint jelly jars and seal.