Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A pretty single layer cake, which is perfect for fall/winter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium pears, peeled and cut into 8 slices each
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- In separate bowl,mix together dry cake ingredients and add to egg mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into greased and floured 10" tart or springform pan.
- Layer pear slices, cut side down, pressing slightly, onto cake batter.
- In medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients together until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears and batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 50 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.