Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, simple and wholesome Indian snack...with a twist!
Make and share this Peanuty Beaten Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the beaten rice in water and set aside in the strainer.
- Heat the oil and crackle the mustard seeds, followed by the mustard leaves.
- Add in the finely chopped potato with some salt. Slightly brown.
- Put the coarsely ground peanuts in the pan. Be careful that the dry mix doesn't burn.
- Next, add in all the spices. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Finally, add the rice to the pan. The rice softens when rinsed and only needs to be heated through.
- Top it off with the juice of half a lime and eat fresh with a cuppa.