Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, simple and wholesome Indian snack...with a twist!
Make and share this Peanuty Beaten Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups beaten rice (poha)
- 1 small potato
- 100 g peanuts (coarsely ground)
- 15 mustard greens
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 lime
- Wash the beaten rice in water and set aside in the strainer.
- Heat the oil and crackle the mustard seeds, followed by the mustard leaves.
- Add in the finely chopped potato with some salt. Slightly brown.
- Put the coarsely ground peanuts in the pan. Be careful that the dry mix doesn't burn.
- Next, add in all the spices. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Finally, add the rice to the pan. The rice softens when rinsed and only needs to be heated through.
- Top it off with the juice of half a lime and eat fresh with a cuppa.