Recipe by juliehundert
Great as a side, or awesome in a chicken wrap!
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 1 serve and as I had green cabbage in the fridge I went with that and added grated carrot and the other ingredients and used the cucumber and sultanas (instead of raisins) as suggested by the posting chef Chef #449304 and it was plenty for 3 of as a side to our main of recipe #240670, thankyou Chef #449304, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
For the Dressing
- 3⁄4 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
For the Slaw
- 1 lb cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried cilantro (or fresh!)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl - whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Let sit at least a 1/2 hour.
- Add slaw ingredients, one by one, mixing together to dressing before adding in the next one.
- Toss sesame seeds.
- Great as a side, or can be added with grilled chicken & a whole wheat wrap for a filling lunch! I also love with sliced cucumber too! The raisins are great for sweetness, rather than using pure sugar!