Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
An excellent quick breakfast sandwich I created. The blend of gooey peanut butter and sweet apple is irrestistible with the satisfying crunch of toast.
Top Review by michelles3boys
I was actually planning to submit this recipe, but did a quick search to see if it was already here. I'm glad I did as I wouldn't want the recipe double posted. I make this toast quite frequently. It's a quick, easy and healthy breakfast or snack. I have never tried it with cinnamon, though. That sounds interesting and I think I will try it next time. I also don't put a slice of bread on top, but have my toast "open-faced". Yum, I think I will make some right now!! *edit* Ok, I have made it using cinnamon and have determined that I like it better without it. The cinnamon seems to overpower the apple/peanut butter taste, IMHO.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (or your favourite bread)
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut butter (natural works well)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 medium apple, sliced 1/4-1/2-inch thick (the amount depends on the size of your bread)
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the apple into slices; you can either core the apple with a corer first or cut out the core when you get to it; peel if you feel necessary.
- Put your bread into the toaster.
- Once toasted spread peanut butter on the bread, add the apple to form one layer, and then sprinkle the apple with cinnamon.
- Place the other slice on top and enjoy immediately!