Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
An excellent quick breakfast sandwich I created. The blend of gooey peanut butter and sweet apple is irrestistible with the satisfying crunch of toast.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (or your favourite bread)
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut butter (natural works well)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 medium apple, sliced 1/4-1/2-inch thick (the amount depends on the size of your bread)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Slice the apple into slices; you can either core the apple with a corer first or cut out the core when you get to it; peel if you feel necessary.
- Put your bread into the toaster.
- Once toasted spread peanut butter on the bread, add the apple to form one layer, and then sprinkle the apple with cinnamon.
- Place the other slice on top and enjoy immediately!
I was actually planning to submit this recipe, but did a quick search to see if it was already here. I'm glad I did as I wouldn't want the recipe double posted. I make this toast quite frequently. It's a quick, easy and healthy breakfast or snack. I have never tried it with cinnamon, though. That sounds interesting and I think I will try it next time. I also don't put a slice of bread on top, but have my toast "open-faced". Yum, I think I will make some right now!! *edit* Ok, I have made it using cinnamon and have determined that I like it better without it. The cinnamon seems to overpower the apple/peanut butter taste, IMHO.
I made this for toddler DD for lunch but grated the apple to make it easier for her to eat. She wasn't that taken with this one unfortunately and didn't really eat any after the first bite, I on the other hand thought it was an interesting combo as I got to her her leftovers..LOL Made for ZWT 4.
Not that you need another 5-star, but here it is! A yummy dessert last night. We served 'em open-faced with a shake of powdered sugar with the cinnamon. Made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4