Recipe Reader's Note:
From Southern Living. These are very tasty, a little bit salty and a little bit sweet.
My Private Note
bars or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat flour, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 3Stir together remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter in a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes until bubbles form around edges, then cook 4 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Pour evenly over peanuts in pan.
- 5Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes, until bubbly.
- 6Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let stand 3 minutes until softened.
- 7Gently spread or swirl the chocolate over surface. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 8Cover and chill 1 hour until chocolate is set. Cut into bars or squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanutty Turtle Shortbread Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g