Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living. These are very tasty, a little bit salty and a little bit sweet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups light brown sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocktail peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat flour, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Stir together remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter in a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes until bubbles form around edges, then cook 4 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour evenly over peanuts in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let stand 3 minutes until softened.
- Gently spread or swirl the chocolate over surface. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 1 hour until chocolate is set. Cut into bars or squares.